Can you believe that December will be here before we know it? Every year it’s hard to believe that Christmas is right around the corner, and I find myself scrambling to get everything together. This year I’m trying to stay on top of things and get started early! That being said, I’ve been eyeing all the different Advent calendars that you need to grab before December 1st hits the calendar.
Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links to help keep Amy’s Balancing Act up and running! Think of it as a personal shopper commission at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting me. See my Disclosure Policy for more details.
Advent Calendars to Grab before December 1st
As I was searching for different Advent Calendars for my kids, it made me realize just how many there are out there! There are hundreds of options for both kids and adults.
Let’s take a look at tons of different Advent Calendar options broken down into a few different categories: Reusable or Fill Your Own, Trinkets for Kids, Activities, Books, Religious Calendars and Just for Adults!
Reusable Fill Your Own Advent Calendar
These Advent Calendars are the best ones to grab if you’re looking for something that you can use year after year. They are built to last and allow you to customize what you place in each of the little boxes. You can put a special treat, an IOU coupon, a little trinket, whatever is right for you and your family.
Related Post: Best Indoor Holiday Decor You Can Snag from Amazon
- Light Up White Wooden Advent Calendar – This calendar lights up and makes for a beautiful piece of holiday decor as well! It opens up like a book and uses LED lights to glow. Batteries are included!
2. Gingerbread House Calendar – High quality, wooden gingerbread house to hold little trinkets for your loved ones.
3. Train Advent Calendar – This little train Advent calendar is a classic! Who could go wrong with a Christmas train especially with the Polar Express being a holiday staple for many. This wooden train is a sturdy, lasting option. If you have a train lover at home, be sure to check out all the different train options.
4. Burlap Sack Garland – Simple and sweet, this Advent calendar garland allows you to put little treats and trinkets in each of the burlap sacks for your loved ones to open each day leading up to Christmas!
5. Holiday House Advent Calendar – Another great option that doubles as holiday decor! This Advent calendar would look beautiful on any table and kids will love opening all the different doors each day.
There are countless classic options for reusable Advent calendars. These are just a few I found. If you’re looking for something like this, don’t forget to also check Etsy and support a small business!
Advent Calendars with Trinkets for Kids
I know that Advent isn’t supposed to be about gifts and as parents, we don’t really want more tiny “stuff” in our house! But, there is something special about your kids waking up each morning super excited to open their Advent calendar and see what’s inside!
6. Hot Wheels Advent Calendar – A Hot Wheels a day which is perfect for the little car lover in your family!
7. Squishy Mochi Advent Calendar – These squishy little toys are all the rage with kids right now. (My daughter is obsessed!)
8. Makeup and Jewelry Calendar – This is a fun Advent calendar for any kids who love to dress up and play around with makeup. Jewelry, nail polish and makeup for your girly girl.
9. Fidget Advent Calendar – What kid doesn’t love a fidget toy? Fidget toys are proven to boost focus and productivity in both kids and adults! They give the mind the mental break it needs to get back on task. So for Advent, a fidget a day keeps attention at bay!
10. Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar – This is perfect for the Lego or Star Wars lover! If your kids love Legos, take a look at some of the other options they have like Avengers, Harry Potter, and a Christmas city!
Related Post: 14 Easy, DIY Ornaments to Make with Your Kids
11. Cry Babies ‘Rosie’ Advent Calendar – My daughter loves Cry Babies. I got this Advent Calendar for her a couple years ago and it was a huge hit! The little doll is the first thing they get along with a holiday accessory each day.
12. Dinosaur Building Block Advent Calendar – Another building option for a dino lover!
13.LOL Surprise Advent Calendar – If your kids are into LOL Dolls, this may be the perfect calendar for you! An LOL Surprise each day will have them super excited to add to their tiny collection! (Pssst, we store all our LOL and Barbie pieces in these awesome cases.)
14. Slime Advent Calendar – Maybe not the biggest hit with parents, but the kids will love all the different scented slimes!
15. Another Fidget Calendar (with lots of choices)
Activity Advent Calendars
If you aren’t interested in increasing your child’s little trinket and tiny toy collection, these activity Advent calendars are a great alternative!
From arts and crafts to puzzles and science experiments these different activities will keep your kids busy and in the Christmas spirit all December long!
16. Craft Advent Calendar – Each day a new craft that doubles as Christmas decoration!
17. Countdown to Christmas Activity Book – Different holiday coloring and activity pages for each day counting down to Christmas!
18. Disney Family Activities Calendar – Perfect for any Disney-loving family! Comes with a 3D tree, activities to do as a family, a coloring book, and a hardcover story book!
19. Melissa and Doug Magnet Tree Advent Calendar – A classic magnetic Advent calendar to get as soon as you have little ones!
20. DIY Advent Calendar – Instead of getting an activity a day, make creating the actual Advent calendar the activity! You kids will love creating their very own countdown to Christmas!
21. Felt Tree Decorating Advent Calendar – Every day your little one can add a new ornament to the tree! This is great because it’s mess free and won’t break. Plus they can decorate and redecorate all season long.
22. Crayola Christmas Countdown – This is another one we’ve done with our kids. You’ll get different art supplies and crafty holiday activities for your kids as you countdown to Christmas!
23. Wooden Puzzle Advent Calendar – Every day a new puzzle to challenge little minds.
24. Science Experiment Advent Calendar – Crafts are fun, but experiments are better! What a fun way to incorporate STEAM education into the holiday season.
Related Post: Non-Toy Gifts for the Kids Who Have Everything
Book Advent Calendars
Book Advent calendars are a great way to promote learning and reading together as a family. Getting a new book each day encourages storytime which is incredibly beneficial to children from a young age.
Reading to your children as babies and toddlers encourages brain development and lifelong reading success! Continuing to read aloud to your early school-age children aids their understanding and formation of storytelling. The best part about reading to your children is that it creates a bond and strengthens your relationship. What better time of the year to make reading daily a habit than the holiday season.
Take a minute to slow down with your child each day by getting a storybook Advent calendar!
Religious Advent Calendars
Jesus is the reason for the season after all! These religious Advent calendars are a great way to incorporate the true story of Christmas as a family.
32. The Story of Christmas Book and Calendar – This one actually ties in with the above book category, but since it is full of religious stories, I thought it would fit best in this category. Really you get the best of both worlds if you’re looking for a way to share the story of Christmas with your children.
33. Bible Stories Advent Calendar – Another storybook, but this one is one large book with 25 stories sharing why Jesus came to earth.
34. Nativity Coloring Advent Calendar – 25 pictures and activities to color and complete all about the nativity!
35. The Giving Manger – From the website “The included picture book, The Giving Manger, will help your family understand the tradition and get children excited about participating. Once you have read the story, place the empty manger in a prominent spot in your home. In the days leading up to Christmas, family members can place a piece of straw in the manger each time they perform a kind deed or act of service. Filling the manger will become a fun, interactive project for your family, prompting even young children to look for ways to love and serve others.”
36. Nativity Scene Advent Calendar – 25 surprises to countdown to Christmas that when Christmas morning arrives, it will complete the nativity scene!
37. Advent Countdown Activities and Bible Verses – Bible verses and other activity cards for each day leading up to Christmas! It’s the perfect way for the family to come together during the Advent season.
Advent Calendars for Adults
Who said Advent calendars had to just be for kids? These adult Advent calendars will quickly find a way to your heart as you countdown to Christmas! Whether you like beer and wine or coffee and tea, there’s something in here for you!
38. BrewDog Craft Beer Calendar – Featuring 24 different craft beers from IPAs to stouts!
39. Build Your Own Spirits or Wine Calendar – This kit allows you to customize your own Advent calendar for wine or spirits! Alcohol is not included, so grab some to add to this fun Advent calendar!
40. 12 Coffees of Christmas – Coffee lover? These 12 K-cup coffees feature different holiday flavors for you to enjoy.
41. Wine in a Can Advent Calendar – Wine in a can? Yes, please! Bubbles, rose, red and white wines are all included!
42. Wine Ornaments 12 Nights of Christmas – These mini wine bottles are delicious to enjoy and also look good on your tree! Sip and be merry!
43. Adult Advent Tree Holder (for mini liquor or mini wine bottles) – Build your own Advent calendar with wine or spirits year after year with this tree holder!
44. Tea Advent Calendar – Tea lover? Pukka’s beautiful tea selection is the perfect festive decoration or tea gift for the tea lovers in your family.
Wrapping Up Advent Calendars to Buy Before December 1st
There you have it! 6 different categories and more than 40 different Advent calendar options for you to choose from. The key is to go ahead and hit purchase NOW! In order to complete all 25 days before Christmas, you need to get your orders in by mid-November to be safe. (Especially with the crazy global shipping issues going on.)
Whether you want an activity for your children or you want a special countdown for yourself, these Advent calendars are the perfect way to celebrate the holiday season.