Anyone else around here feel like time is just flashing before our eyes? I swear the older I get, the faster times goes. There are never enough minutes in an hour or hours in a day to get things done. I know that I procrastinate and that beautiful baby girl has a habit of taking up my time, but man, I’d love an extra hour or even 15 minutes some days.
What would you do with an extra 15 minutes of time in a day?
Do you think we would actually use it wisely? Or would it be just another 15 minutes on our phones or in front of the television on our couches wasted away?
I like to think that I would savor extra time in a good way. Since it’s extra, it’s a gift. Something to be cherished and cared for. Since we can’t really get any extra time…unless you include Leap Day of course…what if we took 15 minutes every single day and pretended it was a gift? 15 minutes when we could have been lounging, snacking, browsing the web, faces buried in our phones.
What would you change and spend your time doing?
I like to think I would spend my time:
- free of electronics, meditating, stretching or practicing some yoga poses. That would help create a little extra zen in my life.
- playing with Chloe and snuggling her as much as possible. I do this often, but I think about things I need to get done. So during this time, I would erase that from the back of my mind since this is extra time after all.
- getting a short workout in on a day that I didn’t plan to do anything because I was too tired or too busy.
- going for a walk or run outside with the dogs, Chloe and JP for some quality family time.
- making more time for my husband when he gets home from work. It’s so easy to fall into a routine of not spending quality, engaged time together some week nights.
- volunteering or donating to a charity because my time could be worth so much more to others!
Clearly, there is so much that we could do with 15 minutes.
I’ve decided to take this a step further and try to use 15 minutes in a way that I usually wouldn’t. This month I’m focusing on stretching and a strengthening my body while clearing my mind with yoga! I’m participating in a yoga pose a day challenge for the month. So why not spend 15 minutes doing yoga every day? It’s good for my body especially as a runner. It’s good for my mind and it gives me 15 minutes of me time. Everyone needs me time right? Want to join me? Shoot me a message or send me an e-mail and you can join in too!
I’m looking forward to adding my bits of yoga practice to my weekly workout recap! Last week’s workouts looked something like this:
Maybe yoga isn’t quite your thing?
Here’s a 15 minute quick guide to stretching and beginners yoga poses to get you started!
This is from yogadownload.com and is a beginners workout using some basic but awesome poses like plank, down dog, cobra and forward fold. You can actually follow along to videos here too! They have some great free ones that I’ve been using for the past few years, but not as often as I would like to admit! Here is a video for the workout above...and it’s only 20 minutes!
And in honor of Star Wars day…May the pose be with you!
Here’s another 15 minute bodyweight workout if you’d rather give that a try!
Are you willing to give it a try?
What would you do with your 15 extra minutes? I’d love to hear!