Monday morning has come and gone and I’m hoping the afternoon flies by as well. I’d rather be busy than bored, but geez can a girl get a second to breathe…aka get her blog post up?!
This weekend was a fun one, but I took very few pictures. Here’s a bit of a recap…bullet point style.
- Alison, Ashley and I drove up to Dallas for the night as a quick pit stop on our way to First Monday in Canton, TX!
- We pretty much talked during the entire 4 hour drive. When we got to Alison’s parents, we slept. Exciting I know.
- We woke up to cinnamon rolls that Alison’s dad made for us! Hello yum!
- After we quickly got ready and grabbed Starbucks, we were on our way to Canton.
- First Monday in Canton is a gigantic market full of thousands of amazing little shops that contain just about everything your heart desires. My goal this weekend was to acquire good quality, long lasting Christmas decor. Don’t worry I succeeded and spent a pretty penny or two.
- I may or may not have eaten at this place…
- Oooops…It was delicious. Have you ever had a fried PB&J? You should. It’s dangerously good and will clog your arteries. This is a once a year kind of thing for this girl. My terrible tummy and horrible heart burn can’t handle this shizz.
- After shopping from 11am-4:30pm, it was time to res out feet. We headed to Alison’s great-aunt’s house, drank some iced tea, sat on the porch and rocked in the rocking chairs as the sun set. Heaven.
- The rest of the evening included 7 women and 6 bottles of wine. Good decision.
- We were up and at ’em early because we wanted to go back to one shop again. We had started at Laurie Anna’s on Saturday and fell in love. I want them to just come decorate my house. Since it was our first stop we held back. We let loose the second time around.
- Time to drive home singing Christmas songs at the top of our lungs. Doesn’t get old.
- The hubs picked me up from Alison’s and we headed to Sugar Land to celebrate my youngest brother’s 15th birthday! It’s actually on Wednesday, but I wanted to be there to celebrate! Fajitas, cookie cake and presents, that’s the Timmer way!
- Maggie’s like a little kid and insists on helping open presents!
- Cool sisters get their little bros Texans shirts and new footballs…just saying.
- Then it was time to go to bed. So I did. And now it’s Monday.
I bought lots of fun stuff that I’ll have to share with y’all once my house is finished. Get excited, I got some fun stuff! So it may sound like I didn’t do a lot, but I did. Trust me and I’m pooped. So I will end this post. Wait. Just kidding. One more thing…
Happy happy birthday to my amazing father-in-law Phil! You’re the best father-in-law I’ve ever had! You may be the only one, but you’re the best. That’s all that counts right?
Here we are in Vegas — July 2011! I hope you have a wonderful day Phil, can’t wait to see y’all on the 15th!