I hope that everyone is having a Merry Christmas Eve! I saw this survey on Katie’s blog over at Keep Calm and Carry On and thought it would be the PERFECT Christmas Eve post as we all await Jesus’ birthday 🙂
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Definitely hot chocolate. I’m not an egg nog person. Plus, on Christmas Eve I have hot chocolate with Peppermint Schnapps and it’s so tasty!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit the under the tree? Santa definitely wraps presents and there is always a big pile under the Timmer tree!
3. Colored lights on the tree/house or white? I like the classic white lights. I would rather bring the color in with the ornaments!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have, but I’m not opposed to it.
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually it’s the day after Thanksgiving or at least the weekend after. This year I put them up about mid-November since I didn’t get to have them up for long! I like to enjoy my decorations as long as possible.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Green bean casserole…the Wal-mart commercials are right!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I seriously can’t pick just one, but I will say that sipping hot chocolate in the hot tub on Christmas Eve is one of my favorites. One Christmas in particular, it snowed several feet when I lived in Virginia which was also super special especially for a little kid!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In 5th grade, I snooped and saw presents to Amy, from Santa. I didn’t tell my mom until 8th grade though and almost cried!!! Santa still exists in my family and I love seeing presents from him under the tree each year!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just one! Usually PJs 🙂
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? White lights with an assortment of special ornaments and red, green and gold balls!
The Gougler Christmas Tree 🙂
I thought I’d add a picture of my parents pretty tree that my sister and I decorated!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it! I like it better in small doses or just visiting it though!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes! I went in Pittsburgh the last two years!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My mom says that it was probably my EZ Bake oven
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Keeping Christ in Christmas.
15.What is your favorite Holiday dessert? How can you pick just one?! I’m a big fan of the assorted dessert trays that the neighbors bring over…so many choices for me to sample!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Waking up early on Christmas day, opening presents and going to church EARLY with the family. We still wake up early and are excited for Christmas. I love that we’re okay with acting like little kids. It keeps the holidays special.
17. What tops your tree? A sparkly, pink star. This will change next year!
18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving. Absolutely. I love shopping for my loved ones and seeing the looks on their faces. The joy. The gratitude. It’s beautiful. Getting gifts isn’t so bad either though 🙂
19. Candy Canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum! I love peppermint anything!
20. Favorite Christmas show? Home Alone, Serendipity, The Grinch, Elf… LOVE Christmas movies!
21. Saddest Christmas Song? Christmas Shoes. It’s about a child wanting to buy his/her momma a pair of Christmas shoes before she passes away to be with Jesus. So sad 🙁
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love Mariah Carey’s version of All I Want for Christmas is You! I also adore Silent Night and Joy to the World!
I’m so excited for hot chocolate, hot tubbin’, and Elf watching tonight then Christmas tomorrow! Have a wonderful Christmas Eve and don’t stay up too late or Santa won’t come!