Can y’all believe that Christmas is less than a week away? With the most wonderful day of the year just days away, there is so much to get done, presents to wrap and parties to attend. The stress of it all can send you into a tizzy! How can I get last minute gifts? When will I have time to do it all? What can I bring to the party? I can feel the questions swirling in my head now! Sadly, I can’t help you with all of them, but I can definitely help you with one. When going to parties, I always bring dessert and this Peppermint Mocha Puppy Chow will have everyone at the party asking for the recipe!
Disclaimer: This Post May Contain Affiliate Links. See Disclosure Policy For More Details.
Speaking of puppy chow, are you on team puppy chow or muddy buddies? I mean it’s all the same thing, but depending on where you’re from you may call it one or the other. I’ve always called it Puppy Chow being from Texas myself. Apparently puppy chow is midwestern and my dad is from Northern Illinois, so maybe that has something to do with it? Either way, it’s the most delicious treat and I love creating different flavors and varieties!
Related Post: Pumpkin Spice Puppy Chow
Pretty much every holiday party I attend, I bring puppy chow along with me. It’s easy to make, I love creating new flavors and it goes a long way. Oh and the best part is that almost everyone loves it! It always feels good to bring the dish that everyone loves!
This peppermint mocha puppy chow was created for my friend Stephanie’s baby shower! It was a winter wonderland theme and her favorite holiday drink is a peppermint mocha, so it just made sense to turn that into a rich, delicious puppy chow recipe.
It’s pretty simple and I’m sure there are ways you can even make this one your own. Here’s what I came up with.
Peppermint Mocha Puppy Chow
- 9 cups Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract
- 2 tsp Espresso powder
- 3/4 cup Powdered sugar
- 2 Candy canes crushed
- Add Chex to a large mixing bowl. Melt the chocolate chips on the stove over medium-low heat, stirring regularly until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add peppermint extract and espresso powder. Stir until completely combined.
- Poor melted peppermint mocha chocolate over the cereal and stir until coated. Be gentle when stirring as to not break the cereal.
- Split the mixture. Place about 1/3 of mixture aside on wax paper. Spread it out evenly and sprinkle half of the crushed candy cane pieces on top.
- Pour the powdered sugar into gallon sized ziplock bag and add the remaining chocolate coated cereal mixture. Zip bag closed and shake it up until all cereal is coated in sugar.
- Lay out sugared mixture on wax paper to let cool and dry. Add both batches together into one large bowl then mix in the remaining candy cane pieces for some holiday flair!
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week! Be sure to share with your friends or you might eat it all!
Related Post: Halloween Cookies and Cream Puppy Chow
I was so pleased with how this peppermint mocha puppy chow turned out. It was rich and chocolatey and the peppermint and espresso flavors really came through. If you’re in need to a last minute dessert for a holiday party this year, head to the store and grab these ingredients. It will only take a few minutes and everyone will be glad you did!
Do you call this treat Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies?
What flavor puppy chow would you be interested in seeing?
I’d love some thoughts and ideas on new flavors to create! It’s so fun to experiment!