Why hello Monday, I could have gone a few more days before meeting you again. Alas, you are here and I am back in the office and the gorgeous sun begins to rise over the freeway. Not a cloud in the sky…again…I don’t think I saw one all weekend. At least the days are longer and I have a fun outdoor run/workout planned for this evening followed by a trip to the grocery store for some fresh foods. Come on 4:30pm!
How did your workouts go this week?
Last Week’s Workouts
Monday: Camp Gladiator Boot Camp – 1 hour
Wednesday: 3.1 mile (5K) run – 8:54 pace
Thursday: 20 minute walk with Maggie
Saturday: 3.75 mile run – 8:36 pace
Sunday: OFF – I saw the Hunger Games and there is a lot of running in that! Does that count?
As you can see, last week was kind of rough for me. Tuesday and Thursday, the hubs and I did happy hour after work with friends, Friday we drove to North DFW, Saturday we went to a wedding and Sunday saw the Hunger Games and had to drive home! Busy, busy, busy. All in all, it wasn’t the best workout week for me at all! I only logged 7 miles…ouch. That being said, I think it’s time for me to set some goals and come up with a plan.
Setting fitness goals is very important. It gives you something more to work towards. Here are the fitness goals that I’ve come up with:
- Work out at least one morning a week. This will allow me to relax one evening a week. For the past few months, this has been easy because of boot camp. I did not renew my boot camp membership for this month, so I want to make sure I continue to work out in the morning.
- Work out at our office building’s gym once a week. No need for a gym membership when you have free access to a workout facility at the office!
- Run at least 12 miles a week. I usually run so much more, but I’m not currently training for anything. No need to do too much! This goal my increase in the future.
- Do at least 5 workouts a week…walking Maggie doesn’t count 🙂 That’s just a nice little extra exercise!
- Eat less sugar! Only one dessert/treat per day.
These are my goals through April 30th. I needed an end date to make sure my goals were actually SMART and not just SMAR.
I’ll be sure to update each Monday on how I am progressing with my goals, but I want to hear about yours too! What are your goals for the month of April? Go ahead and get a head start. No need to wait until April 1st to set them.
Now get out there, set your goals and make them happen! What are your fitness goals? As cheesy as it is, if you can believe it, you can achieve it. Make SMART goals and turn your dreams into reality!
Happy Monday…now get to work 🙂
Until next time…
With love and God bless,