Happy Foodie Friday! And the personal trainer in me couldn’t help but to make it Fitness Friday as well. In case y’all didn’t know, last Wednesday I created a cooking challenge goal for myself. I want to try new recipes, cook more often and share those creations with y’all! I decided to start of pretty easy with a recipe I created on my own, Lemon Pepper Crusted Salmon.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s so easy and doesn’t involve many ingredients. These days, I’m pretty busy. Between training, teaching, blogging and my number 1 job, being a mom, I don’t want to spend hours in the kitchen.
I definitely don’t want to search around the grocery store for tons of ingredients! I have a little tag along for almost everything I do. Sometimes she’s helpful. Sometimes she screams. And sometimes, the grocery store just wears her out! You never know what you’re going to get which makes prepping for dinner incredibly unpredictable.
One thing I’ve learned while perusing through recipes is that many recipes are simpler than they seem. Baking is a little different since it is more of a science and you have to follow the directions much more closely.
When it comes to dinner though, you can take a recipe and make it your own if you want. This one in particular, I just came up with on my own. Lemon and salmon are delicious together, so it wasn’t hard. It is simple, easy and delicious.
Lemon Pepper Crusted Salmon
- 1 lb Atlantic salmon
- 1-2 small lemons
- Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper
- 1 cup rice of choice
- 1 vegetable side
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- If your salmon was purchased uncut, slice into 3-4 equal sized filets. This time, I bought mine in pre-sliced fillets. I usually make 4 fillets at a time, but wasn’t wanting any leftovers last night.
- Spray glass oven safe baking dish with Olive Oil spray. Place salmon filets in dish.
- Shake Mrs. Dash Lemon Pepper all over your salmon filets. There is no such thing as too much! Give each filet a healthy coating over the top. Note: If there is a lot of seasoning on the dish surrounding the salmon, wipe it off with a napkin. Otherwise it was get a little toasty in the oven and produce a burning scent.
- Slice small lemon into 1/4-1/2 inch slices. Place 1-2 slices on top of each salmon filet.
- Place salmon dish in oven and set timer for 15 minutes.
- While your salmon is in the oven, follow instructions on how to cook your rice and vegetable!
- When timer goes off, check middle of you salmon filet to ensure it is done enough to your liking.
- Place on plate and enjoy!
There you have it, lemon pepper crusted salmon! It’s really as easy as that! I wanted to make sure you had all the steps, but really you just season your salmon, bake it and eat it. You win!
I like to squeeze my lemon over my salmon when it comes out of the oven. It’s super juicy and flavorful at this point. Just beware, the lemon juice is pretty warm!
And to go with this awesome, healthy recipe, I have a workout for you!
All you need is yourself, some space and a set of light weights!
- 100 High Knees
- 75 Bicycle Crunches
- 50 Squat to Press
- 25 Push Ups
- 50 Lunge w/Bicep Curl
- 75 Speed Skaters
- 100 Weighted Arm Circles
Give both a go and let me know what you think!
This looks amazing! I am determined to begin to eat healthier, and my husband is a great fish chef. I’ll pass this along to him.
Wonderful! I personally LOVE this recipe. It’s one of our monthly go tos. It has tons of flavor and I like to pair it with roasted sweet potatoes and a veggie!