You know what I love? Having a place to put all of my random thoughts and pictures. You know what I need? A place to empty all those random thoughts and pictures to clear some room in my brain. Mom brain is real y’all. You know what else I love and need? Bullets.
- Becoming a mom has changed my life in so many ways. I feel like everyone tells you how much your life will change when you’re pregnant. Of course people tell you that it’s the best change of your life, but many of those people tell you about all the negative changes. “You’ll never sleep again!” “You won’t be able to do the things you did before.” “Be prepared to make your life revolve around hers!” These statements are not untrue. I just don’t see them as negative “side effects” of having Chloe in my life! Sleeping less means more snuggles with my baby girl. I’m perfectly able to do the things I did before; I just have a little addition. I may also be running a little behind thanks to that little addition. My life does revolve around hers! And I love it. I wake up looking forward to seeing her. I think about her when I’m away. I wonder what will make her happy while I’m with her. I dream about what kind of woman she’ll become. I guess what I’m trying to say is that the title Mom is the best thing I’ve ever been given. This little girl takes every negative statement about having a baby and turns it into a positive. We have rough days and plenty of rough moments, but who doesn’t?
- People always ask me if I’ve seen this show or that movie. Most of the time, my answer is no. It’s not that I don’t like watching tv and being lazy; I just can’t focus on the tv for an extended period of time. I like to watch shows that I can multitask while I’m watching them like Dance Moms, Say Yes to the Dress, 19 Kids and Counting (when it was still running), Project Runway, The Bachelor, Big Bang Theory and most shows on HGTV, TLC or Lifetime, occasionally Bravo. Don’t get me wrong, I have a few that require focus like Pretty Little Liars and Game of Thrones. JP is trying to get us to start watching House of Cards which we’ll hopefully start soon. I just can’t focus on the tv to binge watch shows. I’m too much of a busy body and feel like I need to get more done.
- In one week from today, I’ll be leaving Chloe for my first trip away. I’ll be gone from Thursday morning to Saturday evening and I’m getting so nervous! Right now I’m thinking, “Why did I sign up for this convention?” I know that as soon as it gets here I’ll be so glad I went! What convention you ask? I’m heading back to Orlando for the Kyani International Leadership Convention. I joined Kyani back in November as a way to earn some extra “me” money. I’m still new in the business and I’m hoping that attending this conference will help me to get the extra push I need to get myself out there. Getting started is definitely the hardest part, but I know I have an awesome team that is trying hard to help me move forward. I just have to step out of my comfort zone. My mentor Kristin sent me this message the other day, and it couldn’t be more true!
- I have to admit, I have a problem. I take wayyyy too many pictures. I can’t help it. I take tons of pictures of the same thing and then decide I can’t delete any because they’re all so cute. I think it’s a disease. Firsttimemomitis. Lucky for me I have this awesome blog where I can create collages of the pictures that I didn’t share on Facebook or Instagram and show them to y’all. Here’s a collage of my babies over the past few weeks…
|1. Before her 6 month shots
2. Puppy snuggles on the couch
3. Playing with her big girl toys!
4. Tummy time
5. Mama and Little shirts
6. This dog can’t get enough of her!
7. Nom nom…bananas
8. Post 6 month shots and still my happy girl
9. Moose and Momma!
- My life is crazy. My life is busy. My life is wonderful. Some days are hard and quite the struggle. But everything I do is so worth it. My goal for the next few months is to really put myself out there in many ways. I hope I can share that with y’all on the blog. So get ready world…Amy’s coming at ya!!!
Happy Friday Eve y’all! We’re getting closer to the weekend!