Some days I feel like we live in a world with such negativity. Working at a health club, I naturally hear people go on about what they don’t like about themselves. In fact, people come to me with bits and pieces they don’t like about themselves trying to find a way to fix it. I decided that today I want to turn that around. It’s easy to nit pick ourselves. We’re the first ones to notice a blemish, an extra pound or any sort of negative attribute. But what if we all focus on what we like about ourselves? Don’t you think we’d all be a little bit happier? So here are 10 things I like about ME!
- My joy. I think, for the most part, I’m a happy person. I try to be positive and radiate joy. It’s hard to be joyful all the time, but most of the time, it’s so easy. I often have a childlike spirit which I blame on Disney. I believe that we each have so much to be joyful for including the fact that God has not only given us a new day each and every morning, but he gave us our Savior so we can live forever. If that’s not something to bring joy to each day, I don’t know what is.
- My legs. I’ll admit that I love my legs. They’re not perfect, but they carry my every single day. They allow me to do everything I want to do. But more importantly they allow me to do the things I love to do. Because of my legs I can run, teach group fitness, train clients and live life day to day! I’ll admit, they look pretty awesome too 🙂
- My drive. I’m a very determined individual. When I set my mind to something, I’m going to do it. That’s why I’m where I am in life. I love that I’m goal oriented and want to make things happen!
- My friendship. My friends are my everything. I see my friends as my extended family and when someone becomes my friend, I truly love them! I love pretty hard (see number 10).
- My ability to listen. As much of a talker as I am, I’m also a good listener. I love that people feel as though they can come to me with problems. As a personal trainer, some days I also play therapist by listening to people’s problems and helping them find themselves.
- My strength. I am strong physically and mentally. I am proud of my muscles and that I am not stick thin. More importantly, I am proud of my mental strength. Sure I break down from time to time, but I’m still human 🙂
- My independence. As much as I love how my husband takes care of me, I am an independent women. I like to do things by myself. I like to know that I can provide for myself. I like being in charge of my life.
- My smile. Cheese. I like smiling. Smiling is my favorite.
- My hair. I love it. I like it long. I like it short. I like it straight or curly. Yup I just like it.
- My ability to love. I love hard and I love all the way. There is no in between. My husband, friends, family and dogs fill up my entire heart and soul. I would do anything or be anywhere for the ones I love.
So there you have it. I will say it’s a little bit harder then you think to come up with 10 things and why! I’m as that I did though because it helps remind me that I’m just perfect with all of my imperfections!