Last year I made some fitness goals for myself. I thought now would be a great time to set some new goals since we’re still not even two weeks into the new year. But before I move forward, let’s take a peek at how last year went…
1. Run a marathon. Bam! Did that one! You can take a look at my recap here if you haven’t already!
2. Get a gym membership. Did it! Not only did I get a gym membership, I ended up getting a job at the gym I signed up for not even a month later as a group exercise instructor!
3. Run 13 races in 2013. SOOOO Close but didn’t quite get there…
- Houston Marathon
- Color in Motion 5K
- Rhythm & Blues half marathon
- Disney Princess half marathon
- Dallas Rock ‘n Roll half marathon
- Esprit de She 5K
- Run Wild 5K
- Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer 5K
- Alaina Dixon 5 miler
- Zooma Cape Cod half marathon
- Houston half marathon
- FLS Sugar Land 30K
4. Go to 1 group exercise class per week. Well I didn’t get a gym membership until June. Starting in June I was teaching at least one group class a week and often attending them! I just started a little late 🙂
5. Attend 2 fitness workshops for my certification. Instead of attending 2 workshops, I attended a 3 day fitness conference and participated in multiple workshops a day. I would say that’s even better than my goal! Oh and I passed my PT certification. #winning
I may not have completely met my goals, but I got pretty darn close if you ask me. Close enough to be proud of myself for my accomplishments. In fact, I feel like I met even more goals last year by following my dreams! That being said, here are the goals I want to reach for in 2014…
My goals this year revolve around trying new things, running and improving my strength training. It’s no secret that I love running, but this year I want to expand my horizons beyond road races. I want to try new things! This year I want to try trail running in addition to my usual races!
I also want to learn to become a combat cardio kickboxing instructor! Watch out world, you’re going to have a little kick-boxer on your hands! In addition to kick boxing, I want to improve on my strength training routine. I find it easy to skip when I’m running a lot, but I notice a HUGE difference in how awesome I feel when I’m sticking to a plan.
Lastly, I need to decrease my refined sugar intake. Ice cream, cookies, candy…they all need to be eaten less. End of discussion. I know how bad it is for me. Sweets are my kryptonite. I love them. Now don’t get me wrong, I didn’t say eliminate…I said limit. There is a healthy balance and I believe in moderation.
So there you have it…my fitness goals for 2014! Have y’all set yours yet? If not, let me know if you need any help! I have lots of ideas up my sleeve.