Amy's Balancing Act
You Are Reading

Playing Catch Up


Playing Catch Up

What a crazy week last week was for me! As you all know from Alison’s Bachelorette Weekend post, I spend Sunday driving from Galveston to Houston then lounging around my parents house with my daddy all day. Monday I was able to go into the office for work which was actually really nice. Going into the office is kind of like a treat these days since I’m always at home. The human interaction is nice and I really enjoy getting to interact with my colleagues face to face. My momma picked me up from the office at the end of the day and I was off to the airport to head back home to see JP and Maggie! Thank goodness because I missed them so much.

Tuesday was about as normal as my days usually go, but Wednesday was a doozie! I started working at 8am and about 45 minutes later my computer completely crashed. Now I don’t mean it’s battery drained or anything fixable. It died. Dead. Gone. Blue screen of death. Of course it didn’t happen when I was int he office and had quick and easy access to our IT department. Instead, I kind of got a day off on Wednesday. One would initially think that this is great, but I still had calls to sit in on and my work PILED up! It was nice since Maggie and I got to go on long walks and play all day, but as I said, this made for a stressful Thursday. I also had to take JP to the airport at like 2pm on Thursday, as if I wasn’t busy enough already. Luckily, I was able to get everything done, JP to the airport and I made it to my spa appointment on time. Yes, that’s right. JP goes to Vegas and I get pampered. Sounds like a good deal to me. I had bought a Groupon for a massage, pedicure and haircut from a spa/salon right by my house. It was a great deal that I couldn’t pass up. I mean the total cost was $20 less than the 60 minute massage usually is by itself! It was much needed relaxation after a busy day, and let’s be honest…I REALLY needed a hair cut, and it turned out great!

Okay not the best picture quality, but you get the point 🙂

On Friday, work was work and I was thankful for the weekend. I went out with my friend Maria that night for her friend’s birthday. We actually went on a boat ride on the Gateway Clipper which sails around Pittsburgh for 2 hours with a DJ, dance party and cash bar. We ended up having a really great time and I got to meet some new people! Hopefully JP will get to meet them soon as well…we need more friends here 🙂 After a late Friday night, I slept in until 8:30am on Saturday. Now I know this is waking up early for most, but considering 7am is my body’s natural alarm, I was thrilled to have gotten some extra sleep! Maggie and I hung out all morning and then met Maria for a walk on the Montour Trail. Maggie absolutely loved it and Maria and I got to chat and just relax while having a nice stroll. After we walked 2.5 miles and said bye to Maria, Maggie and I kicked it into high gear and ran two more miles. She did a great job, but was exhausted by the end!

Too tired to play with her toys, laying on them seemed better 🙂
The rest of Saturday I spent out window shopping, seriously, I didn’t buy anything…that day…then I laid out in the backyard and started reading Tony Dungy’s book. The rest of the is not really blog worthy, not that anything else was really 🙂 Sunday morning, I woke up in a crafty mood so I went to JoAnne Fabrics to get some material to cover our couch pillows. I then got distracted from crafting after buying my materials and headed to the mall. Walking around the store put me in a shopping mood. I really didn’t buy much except for a new pair of wedges and sandals. Both were needed. Both were on sale and it was buy one get one 50% off. Couldn’t pass up a deal like that! The rest of the day was spent crafting (I’ll post the final product once I finish my pillow covers!), soaking up the sun, reading, catching up on DVR and of course, playing and walking with Maggie. Since I vetoed working out, I decided a good, long, hilly walk was in store for us on Beacon Road. As always Maggie was pumped and my glutes were trembling. Below you can see a picture of the baby hill. Yes, this is the baby hill. The others are completely ridiculous and an amazing workout whether you’re walking or running…especially running!
Maggie says, “I’m ready to go! Stop taking pictures!”

I was so glad to pick JP up from the airport last night even if it was 11:30pm and I was exhausted! I always miss him when we’re apart and even though it’s nice to have some alone time, it’s just not the same without him. He’s my best friend and truly makes every day better. So glad you’re home babe!

Okay, I know this post was boring. I promise my life is about to get a bit more interesting. Maybe JP will post about his Vegas trip! Ehhh, we’ll see. I’ll leave you with something that will make you smile. Until next time…


With love and God bless,
Amy, JP and Maggie

Sharing is caring!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Follow Along